Colour Block – Step it up

I completed a step it up activity from the summer learning journey.

The activity was to design a sunset or a sunrise on the beach.

I started to design how the sinrise would look. I added the colours yellow, purple, and blue for the backround. After that I designed the sea and sand with the lines curve.  Right after that I added the sunrise behind the waves and rocks on the waters. Making connection with the comicquest I added the photos they provided. I used the crab, sand castle, bucket of sand, and a beach ball as well as creating my own beach umbrella.

I found this activity interesting because I had to chose what the different colours they use for sunset and sunrise.

One thought on “Colour Block – Step it up

1. Kia ora Bethany,

It is Charlotte here, a blog commenter from the Summer Learning Journey. Well done on your awesome post! I think this activity is great because you can be as creative as you would like.

I think it is awesome how you have chosen to make the horizon line a bit squiggly, this is great because the water line would not be super straight in real life!

I noticed that you mentioned you had included the same objects/characters that you had also included in your comic strip, this is a pretty cool idea – hadn’t seen your comic strip so I went back to take a look – it is great!

What was your favourite part of this activity?

Ngā Mihi Nui
    Charlotte Visser
    Summer Learning Journey