Rubus Puzzel – Kick Start

I completed a kick start activity from the summer learning journey.

The activity was to create a story using emojis as well as creating a rebus puzzel with it. To make the rebus puzzel I decided to write out my story with google docs. When I finished writing it out I used the emoji tool to help me transform some of the words to emojis if they having in emoji version.  The part I found difficult for me is that I had to find the correct emojis for the word I wanted to transform even if some words  don’t have the emoji version for it. 

I found this activity inspiring because I could create a story with my imagination as well as showcasing  some parts of my story with the emojis.

2 thoughts on “Rubus Puzzel – Kick Start

1. Tēnā koe Bethany,

I love these rebus activities as I find the rebus riddles so fun, this term we did a rebus riddle every morning before roll call as a daily riddle! This activity is even better as it uses both rebus riddles and literacy skills as you write your story.

I think your story was very cool. I love a classic summer story featuring the hot sun and cold ocean waves. You did an awesome job selecting emojis that clearly translate to the word they mean. A cool step up may be challenging yourself to use two emojis to make one word.

I see that you went to Niue, is that where your family is from or did you go on a holiday?

I would like to know what emojis you would use to write your name??

It is great to see you participating in the summer learning journey again this year and I look forward to seeing more of your awesome posts, keep up the great work!

Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates
    SLJ

2. Hi Bethany

Great to see that you are well on your way with the Summer Learning Journey.

This activity and your coded message really made me think. What a fun idea.

Well done. I look forward to following your progress.

Mr Johnston