What is Length

I learned what lenght is.

First we learned what lenght is. Lenght is measuring an object by the longest side of the object you are measuring. For ex: I am measuring a book.  I would find the longest side of the book which is the spine/edge of the book.

Next we learned the different types of way to measure a object or how long it takes to get from a place to place. The different types of measure are milimetres, centimetres, meters, kilometres.

Then I had a google slide and had to measure 6 objects telling the lenght and what type of measure it was. At the last 2 slides we had to measure our own object. In those 2 slides I measured a chromebook and a mask box.

Lastly I made a DLO explaning what is lenght and what are the different types if lenght to measure it.

I enjoyed measuring the objects. I did well on knowing what lenght the object is. I need to improve on knowing how many meters are there in a kilometres.

4 thoughts on “What is Length

1. Kia Ora Bethany,
    I really liked the way you explained what length is.
    I didn’t know that you can measure kilometres.
    Have you ever measured kilo metres with a measuring tape before?
    I think you need to improve on your spelling.
    I have learned that you can measure kilometres.
    I have measured something with a ruler.

2. Kia Ora Kaysorn
    I have never measured kilo metres with a measuring tape. I am glad that you have learned something from my blog. Did you know that there are more that 4 different types of measurement. Thank you for telling on what i need to improve on so i could use it better. I also learned that you can measure kilometres to. Have you ever measured using millimetres before?

1. Kia Ora Bethany,
      Thank you for answering my question and no I did not know that there were more than 4 different types of measuremnt and I have measured with milimetres. Have you ever measured in metres?

3. Kia Ora Kaysorn
    I did not know that you have measured millimetres because i did not think you would measure somthing that small. I have measured with a metres ruler but I have not ruled somthing that exactly measure over metres.