Inchcape Rock

LI: To find and summarise the story behind the poem

No sound of the wind nor any movement of  waves. The sound of the bell didn’t move through the water. Abbot Abrothok placed the bell to warn danger to sailors. When the sailors heard the bell they praised Abbot Abrothok. It was a bright and joyful day with overjoyed birds. Sir Ralph walked on his deck spotting the Inchcape bell. Sir Ralph was happy, he sang and whistles with joy. He looked at the buoy and put his boat down. The ship lowered as Sir sliced the inchcape bells rope. The bell sank into the depths of the deep sea. Sir Ralph the rover then sailed away to Scotland shore. The sky was the and the winds hath died away. The dawn has arrived and there is no sudden sunlight. There’s no sound of the inchcape bell in the sea. They hear siglent waves and crashes into the inchcape rock. He curse to himself as the waves crashed around the boat. He knows that he would go beneath the deep sea.

Our challenge was to unpack the story behind the 17 verses of the poem Inchcape Rock by Robert Southy. The part I found interesting was where Sir Ralph sailed in the dark because I was interested in what might happen next.

I found this activity interesting because each verse of the poem gives me a riddle to solve that is happening in the verse.